Thursday, November 1, 2012

It looks and feels like a cupcake.

I was browsing my daily news mags online, and I came across this article about Kirstie Alley's home for sale in Maine. I clicked on it, not because I care so much about Kirstie Alley, but because my husband and I love Maine. So, I was a little curious to see what it was like.

At first glance, it's sort of picture perfect from the exterior. Kind of a dream house in my mind (at least one of my dream homes). When I got to the interior photos, my jaw dropped and I sort of gasped at the delights before me. The pinks. The greens. The touches of blue. It looks and feels like a soft and a sweet cupcake, and I just want to dive in.  I love all the mixed and matched patterns and textures of fabrics layered upon layer.




Love the valance.


I really love the quilt at the foot of the bed.

I'm trying to learn to find the right balance in my house of color and pattern, which is difficult because my gut reaction is to always go safe and subdued. But when I look around and I see things other people are doing, how they use color, and I feel my reaction to what they do, I want to push myself to step a little out of my comfort zone. Be a bit bolder. I don't think this is what I'm aiming for exactly, but I love the feeling I get when I look at these pictures.

Here's the link to HGTV to see all of the photos of her house.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

It is very much a fantasy house. I can't imagine living there but I could visit!

I do need to become more bold when it comes to patterns. I always shy away from them.

Maybe not as bold as Kirstie, but more bold for sure!

H*Peans said...

I think to myself, why can't I have a little fantasy in my home? Small doses maybe.

Jen Kershner said...

I've seen these pictures before so pretty and over the top for sure!