Monday, December 10, 2012

It's that time of year.


It's been a little hectic since right before Thanksgiving. I got sick, we traveled afar, traveled back, went to NYC for the day and worked along the way. I lost my blogging mojo for a bit, but I'm trying to get back in the swing.

Right before we left for Thanksgiving, we received our long awaited shipment of items from my husband's family in England.  It's been a process (sometimes emotional) unpacking everything and trying to decorate and get ready for our Christmas company all at the same time.  It was nice to unpack and find that some of the items have the "smell" of their home. We're getting there, slowly but surely.

Here are a couple of our wonderful additions.


We got two of these cabinets. Right now, they have random items, but we'll arrange nicely with knick-knacks and books eventually.


This rug, we loved the moment we saw it. When we had our second wedding in England, this was used in the floor of the tent, during our second reception (yes, we had two receptions! - the first was in a proper hall) in my in-law's back yard. And, Rosie looks so cute up against it all.

I think the rug looks pretty nice with our furniture, but it does make realize we need more color! We inherited those curtains from the previous owner, but it's time for some color.  I might even like to repaint the walls a softer shade.
Baby steps.

We also got a huge slew of wall hangings that we need to get to hanging, and my husband got his long awaited vinyl collection from his youth. 

Since we're having company for Christmas, I really went wild decorating. I'll post more pics soon.  With some Perry Como and Andy Williams in the background, it's feeling quite festive!






1 comment:

rdog21 said...

It takes some getting used to, not just having more stuff in the house, but stuff with memories attached to it. But you have such a good eye and a sense for what goes together, that our home keeps getting better every day. I'm glad you're continuing to blog. Don't stop.