Tuesday, December 11, 2012

We need a little Christmas, right this very minute!

I am loving how festive my house feels. So cozy and nice. I just want to cuddle up on the couch with a blanket, a Little Debbie Christmas tree cake (yes, I still love them, and I'm on a diet.), and watch a Christmas movie. My DVR is out of control with all the movies I've been recording the past few days. They're mostly corny, but I do enjoy them.

As I mentioned, we're getting company from England in a couple weeks, so we're in overdrive to get the house in order. But, I've been focused on the decorations lately.


My Mom painted this ornament for me when I was about three years old. The back is covered in silver glitter. This and the other four she painted, were always the prize ornaments to pull out of he styrofoam filled box. They still are.

I inherited my Mother's love of decorating for Christmas. When I was about 10 years old, she started giving me and my sister each a new ornament every year, and she still does to this day.  So you can imagine, I have tons of ornaments, because I buy plenty for myself, too.  I told my husband a couple days ago, that we need to build on the back of our house to accommodate all the decorations we have and can't put out. I really wouldn't mind that at all.


Good gravy. I love this photo. Rosie is standing around wondering what I'm doing.


Looking into the dining room.


My village and manger. 

I was really anxious about putting the village together, because my parents always had one when we were growing up. (In fact, they gave me this base over Thanksgiving.)  I don't know why it stressed me out so much, I guess all the fiddley steps, but I think it came out pretty good. We bought those houses at CVS a few years ago after Christmas, and I think they were maybe 50 cents each.

Right after I took these pictures last night, my white lights blew out. Oh, joy. I guess I'll be trouble shooting when I get home tonight. 

Here's a picture of our den. Since we had a four foot tree that fit perfectly in there, we figured, why not?

Cozy den.

3 comments:

Julie said...

two trees? That is serious! It looks great. Merry Christmas to you and Rod and Ro

Lesli at My Old Country House said...

Your tree looks so pretty! and Rosie looks like such a sweet dog!

H*Peans said...

Thank you!